Group for people with visual hallucinations
We’re thinking of starting a peer support group for people with visual hallucinations after sight loss.
Who’s it for?
It is aimed at people suffering from Charles Bonnet Syndrome or silent visual hallucinations,
which can be very frightening and disturbing. It’s not a mental health condition, but caused entirely by loss of sight.
The condition can be very stressful as often people aren’t prepared, with many unaware of this condition struggling in silence and feeling isolated and alone.
- Facilitated and informal discussions
- A space to share experiences and talk about what you are going through, to explore and understand your feelings
- A space to share tips and strategies to cope with hallucinations
- Support to manage anxiety
- Meet and connect with other people in a similar situation
- Offer help, support and ideas to others in a similar situation
If you’re interested get in touch with Michele firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0115 970 6806